Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Even the highest-quality carpet and upholstery can show soiling over time. Protect your investment by calling SERVPRO of East Ft. Worth to clean and maintain your Texas home or business's carpet and upholstery. The SERVPRO System offers several cleaning options to match any upholstery or carpet. We service our neighboring communities, including Everman & Forest Hill, TX!
Need Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning?
Call SERVPRO of East Ft. Worth Today!
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (817) 293-5553
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of East Ft. Worth has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
SERVPRO of East Ft. Worth proudly serves Fort Worth, Everman, Forrest Hill, and surrounding areas.